While the weather might be mild to slightly chilly now, warmer months will be here before we know it! If you know that your current AC unit’s time is almost up, doing research ahead of time is a great way to ensure you get the best deal and the best system for your home. If you’re considering an AC replacement in Tampa, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Budget: The biggest concern for most people considering an AC unit replacement is the cost. While the thought of paying for a new air conditioning system may seem daunting, it is actually more expensive to continue running an old unit because it will use more power and require more repairs. At Sun Air Services, we even offer rebates for new systems that could save you up $1,500!
- System type: The size of your house, your budget, and other factors will determine the type of unit you should purchase. One option that we encourage our customers to consider is a Lennox solar air conditioner. These can reduce heating and cooling bills by up to half, and may even make you eligible for further savings through tax credits.
A Sun Air Services specialist will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of all of our air conditioning unit options when you are considering an AC replacement in Tampa! Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.
As Floridians, we often don’t have to worry about finding indoor activities due to it being too cold outside. But on some rare occasions, it is just too chilly to go outside, and fun activities are good for passing the time and avoiding cabin fever! Check out these tips for keeping yourself and others occupied, and get in touch with Sun Air Services if you are in need of Tampa heating repair during the winter months.
- Hot cocoa designing: Break out the marshmallows, sprinkles, candy canes, and any other treats you have left from Christmas and use them to make mugs of hot cocoa that are tasty and fun to drink.
- Indoor camping: Whether you opt to build an old-fashioned pillow and blanket fort or are ambitious enough to erect a tent in your living room, indoor camping gives everyone a change of scenery while still staying inside. For kids camping indoors, provide snacks and coloring books, or crack open a bottle of wine and watch a fun movie if your participants are older.
- Finally finish that project: Have a half-finished cross stitch, embroidery, or other project that’s been sitting tossed aside for a while? Now is finally the time to get it done! You’ll reduce some clutter in your home, have a fun way to pass the time, and enjoy the satisfaction of a project well done.
While cold days that prevent us from going outdoors may be few and far between, they do happen from time to time. Fortunately there are ways to pass the time, and if you find your home isn’t getting warm enough while you’re hanging out indoors, contact Sun Air Services for Tampa heating repair. Visit SunAirTampa.com for information about our services.
When it comes to choosing an HVAC company to repairs, replacements, or maintenance of your heating and cooling system, there are many factors to take into consideration. With so many air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL, how do you ensure you are choosing the right one? Here are some things to consider:
- Company history: An HVAC company’s longevity is often a good sign of whether they are reliable. Sun Air Service was created in 1988 as a family-owned-and-operated business to service the Tampa Bay area, and our owner has more than 30 years of experience in air conditioning, energy management, and indoor air quality.
- Certifications: Ensure that the HVAC services you are receiving are based in experience and training. In addition to being state certified, Sun Air Services also holds Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant and Certified Microbial Investigator certifications.
- Testimonials: What’s better for determining a company’s quality than what others have said about them? Ask for references and check online sources like Facebook, Yelp, and Google for feedback about the air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL that you are considering hiring.
Before hiring someone for your HVAC repair, replacement, or maintenance services, be sure to do your research. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more about Sun Air Services.
We know that regularly performing duct cleaning in Tampa is essential to our HVAC system’s proper functioning and the quality of air in our home, but many of us don’t realize the reasons why. Read on to see why it is essential that you regularly clean your air ducts:
- Reduce allergens in your home: Regular rotobrush duct cleaning will reduce the levels of mites, mold, mildew, pollen, and animal dander circulating through your house. This will help alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms for those living in your home.
- Make your home more hygienic: Professional duct cleaning reduces the amount of dust that would otherwise circulate through your home. With less dust circulating, there is less to pick up and your house will be that much cleaner.
- Remove unpleasant smells and odors: Pets, household cleaning products, mold, tobacco, and food preparation can all lead to undesirable smells in the home. Whenever your HVAC unit is running, these smells will circulate through the house. By giving your ducts a detailed cleaning, you can reduce or even remove the odors that have built up.
- Improve air flow and reduce energy costs: Cleaner ducts will make it easier for air to flow from your furnace and air conditioner. Not only will this more effectively cool or heat your home, but your energy costs will go down as a result of your HVAC unit not having to work as hard.
There are plenty of reasons to conduct regular duct cleaning in Tampa. Sun Air Services provides reliable rotobrush duct cleaning to leave your home or office fresh, clean, and virtually contaminant free. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.
Do you feel like your quality of sleep could be better? You may be able to improve it with some HVAC solutions:
– Keep cool: The ideal bedroom temperature for sleep is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. During the colder months, adjusting your thermostat to this temperature can help you save money, but in the warmer months a zone-control air conditioning system that you use to adjust the temperature just in your bedroom might be ideal.
– Balance the humidity: When the humidity is too high in a room, it can make the air feel thick and muggy which could impact your ability to breathe. When the air in a room is too dry, you could experience a dry throat and nasal passages, which is also not ideal. A hygrometer will allow you to monitor your room’s humidity, and a standalone humidifier or dehumidifier can assist you in getting it just right.
– Create a breeze: A ceiling fan or standalone fan will not only help to cool you down, but the white noise that it creates can also help you get better sleep.
Keeping cool is a great way to get better sleep! If you find that your air conditioning unit is not quite doing the job, contact Sun Air Conditioning for air conditioning maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
When the temperatures drop, opening your windows to circulate fresh air throughout your home may not be an option. So how can you keep your indoor air quality from diminishing during the winter months? Here are a few tips:
1. Clean your registers and vents: Use a flexible duster or the wand attachment on your vacuum to clean HVAC registers and vents and to cut down on the amount of dust that is circulating in your home.
2. Clean ceiling fan blades: Dusty fan blades can move additional dust through your home. Make sure they are clean before running the fan clockwise to circulate warm air throughout the room.
3. Have your ducts cleaned: Schedule a professional air duct cleaning in Tampa to reach deep into your ductwork to clear out the accumulation of dust and allergens.
4. Replace your filters: This is one of the easiest proactive steps you can take to ensure good air quality in your home. Make sure you are regularly changing your HVAC unit’s air filters.
Avoid winter allergies by taking steps to improve your home’s air quality. Visit SunAirTampa.com for additional information and to contact us to schedule a professional air duct cleaning service.
We all know that it is important to change our HVAC unit’s air filter regularly, but may not realize all the reasons why. Here is what can happen if your air filter is not changed on a regular basis:
– The blower fan will have to work harder: A dirty air filter will force the blower fan to work harder to push air, which will not only lead to higher energy bills, but could cause it to wear out due to the strain.
– The difficulty in blowing air will lead to rooms not being effectively heated or cooled: An air filter that needs to be replaced will cause your HVAC unit to work less effectively, which will impact your home comfort.
– Mold or bacteria can develop: Additional material on the air filter provides a place for moisture to gather which can lead to the growth of mold or bacteria colonies. This creates yet another barrier against circulating air, and could introduce pollutants into your home.
– Your system will be at risk of overheating or freezing: When heated or cooled air can’t travel out of the system, the system runs the risk of overheating or freezing up. You’ll pay the same amount for operating the system, but the unit will not change your indoor temperature.
It is best to change your air filter every month or two. Visit SunAirTampa.com to contact Sun Air Services for air conditioning service in Tampa if your unit is still not operating at its best even after changing your filter.
Florida winters can be fairly mild, without many days where we feel the need to turn our heating units on. But when those times come, there are ways to reduce how much energy we are using:
1. Use the sun: The sun is the ultimate source of free heat! Open curtains on your south-facing windows during the day to bring heat into the home, and close curtains in the evening to keep the heat in.
2. Bundle up: Instead of turning the heat up, add some layers. Cozy socks, soft hoodies, and plush blankets are all great ways to warm yourself up without turning up the heat.
3. Adjust the thermostat at night: You can save around 10% per year on heating by turning the thermostat down 10 to 15 degrees for 8 hours. To keep warm while sleeping, consider flannel sheets and a warm comforter.
4. Only heat the rooms you use: Guest rooms or large storage rooms that are seldom used don’t need to be heated, so close and seal off the vents in those rooms. This will direct the flow of warm air to the rooms you use.
5. Insulate: Heat that escapes from the home can result in hundreds of dollars in energy costs. Invest in inexpensive insulation from the home improvement store to cover areas where heat can escape.
6. Check your filters: Keeping your HVAC system properly maintained is crucial for it to operate efficiently, so make sure you are changing your filters regularly.
There are plenty of no-cost ways to reduce the amount of energy you use to heat your home. To ensure that your heating system is operating efficiently, contact our Tampa, FL HVAC company for maintenance and repairs.
An energy-efficient home is more than just good for the environment – it’s good for your household budget, too! If you’re living in an older home that’s due for some upgrades, consider making these changes to improve your energy efficiency while offering savings on your heating and cooling costs all year. An investment now can pay off in the long run with hundreds or even thousands of dollars in savings annually:
1. Replace Your Inefficient Air Conditioner: Feeling the heat? If you’re using what seems like an ancient air conditioning unit or if you suspect your HVAC hasn’t been serviced properly over time, it may be time to upgrade to a new central air or ductless system that can keep your home cool. Give the team at Sun Air Tampa a call and we can inspect your existing unit to ensure that it’s working at its best. If not, we can help with AC replacement in Tampa and other surrounding areas using products from Lennox, one of the most trusted brands in HVAC.
2. Remove Old Doors and Windows: If you live in an older home that’s still relying on outdated windows, you could be missing out on hundreds of dollars in savings. According to ENERGY STAR, when you replace old single- or double-pane windows with ones that are ENERGY STAR certified, you can expect to save between $126-$465 per year (single-pane) and $27-$111 per year (double-pane). Window replacements and new doors can go a long way in lowering your energy bills by keeping your rooms well insulated.
3. Switch to a Programmable Thermostat: Designed to work with your HVAC system, a programmable thermostat offers greater energy efficiency and convenience for keeping your home comfortable. Simply install and set your preferences to match time of day, usage, temperature settings, and more. All of these settings can ensure that your home stays at the appropriate climate without hassle or constant adjustment.
These are just three things that you can implement now to improve your home’s ability to stay comfortable when you need it most while improving your ability to save on your energy bills. Looking to upgrade your HVAC or thermostat? Give us a call and we can help!
Having pets can be another way to make your house feel like home but there are some considerations you need to keep in mind when it comes to keeping your air quality at its best!
Furry friends are wonderful for companionship but they can also contribute to dander, dust, and dirt that can negatively affect your air quality. Not to mention, when you have pets, it’s also important to make sure your indoor air is safe for them too! Make sure that you:
- Check and change any air filters regularly. When your air filters are clogged with dirt or pet fur, it can reduce airflow and compromise your overall indoor air quality. In some cases, you may even see your HVAC system shut off due to poor airflow. Make sure to check your air filter monthly and to clean it/replace it regularly.
- Monitor your pet around your HVAC. Some systems are more sensitive than others and pets, just like other members of your family, need to be kept an eye on when it comes to your home’s heating and cooling ability. Pets often will lay on vents, so check them to make sure they haven’t been accidentally closed. Also make sure that you’re checking around your HVAC units to make sure that your pet isn’t able to get into something that he or she shouldn’t!
- Keep things comfortable for your pets. If you’re adjusting your thermostat during the day while you’re away to conserve energy, make sure you’re not swinging the temperature too much. While pets are good at adapting, keep your furry friends feeling comfortable when you’re not home.
- Emphasize clean. This includes more frequent dusting and vacuuming to get up pet dander as well as practicing good grooming. Pets that are bathed, brushed, and groomed regularly can help with keeping shedding under control.
And finally, make sure to clean your ducts regularly to maintain good air quality for you and your pets. Most homes need duct cleaning every few years, but you may need it more frequently, especially if you have multiple pets. You can trust our HVAC technicians when you need duct cleaning in Tampa. Call us today at 813-295-2214 to get a free estimate!