Summers in Florida can get extremely hot and humid, which means that Floridians everywhere are blasting their AC units to try to stay cool. Unfortunately, this also means that your electricity bill will skyrocket. Here are some tips to prevent that:
Check Your Insulation
Insulation plays a significant role in keeping your home cool. Check the R-value of your home’s insulation. R-value is used to measure how well insulation resists heat transfer, so the higher the R-value, the better. The less heat that can seep into your house, the more efficiently your air conditioning will work.
Fill in Any Cracks
Make sure there are no cracks or holes in the weather-stripping or caulk around your windows to ensure that your cool air isn’t leaking out of your home. The windows in your home can be a big contributor to energy waste.
Don’t Waste Your AC
Your AC does not have to be on at all times. If you are not going to be home, turn off your AC to prevent energy waste. If you have an efficient system, it won’t take long for your home to cool down again.
Get an HVAC Tune-Up
One of the best ways to save energy in the summer is to ensure that your HVAC system is operating at maximum efficiency. Sun Air Services offers a tune-up service for just $30. This service can save you money in the long run, because our technicians can catch small issues before they become expensive problems. Contact us today at (813) 295-2214 to schedule your Brandon HVAC repair or tune-up.
We all would love to save money on our electric bill. Luckily, there are a few small things you can do to maximize your home’s efficiency. Why not start in the bedroom?
Adjust Your Thermostat
The easiest way to save money on energy is to keep your thermostat lower in the winter and higher in the summer. If you have zone cooling and heating, only keep your bedroom air-conditioned or heated when you are in it. This is a small adjustment that can make a huge difference when you get your next electric bill.
Check the weather-stripping or caulk around your windows for damage – this could be contributing to your home’s daily energy waste. Double-pane windows are a great investment for your home because they add a natural layer of insulation.
If your air ducts and vents are dirty, it makes your HVAC system work much harder, resulting in a higher electricity bill. Make sure you regularly change your filters and clean your ducts and vents.
Did you know that a ceiling fan is capable of reducing the temperature of a room by up to six degrees? It doesn’t seem like much but makes a huge difference. Setting your thermostat to a higher temperature and using the ceiling fan in your bedroom can result in a lot of energy savings.
Another small way to reduce your electricity bill is to unplug chargers in your room when you are not using them.
Getting regular maintenance on your HVAC system can keep it running at maximum efficiency. Contact our experienced technicians at Sun Air for Boyette air conditioning repair. Reach out for a free estimate at (813) 295-2214.
In the heat of the summer, we know Floridians are not thinking about their heating systems. Even in the winter, using the heat is probably not on your mind too often. However, it is important to keep your heating system in good shape, no matter how little you use it. The last thing you want is to be dealing with a broken heater on an unseasonably chilly day. Here are a few ways you can maintain your heating system in the summer.
Check the Thermostat
The thermostat is an integral part of your heating system, so it’s important to make sure it is working as it should. Every once in a while, test your heating system to make sure it can turn on. If you have zone heating, go through each zone separately.
Clean Out the Drainage Hole
The drainage hole or drainage sinks are located at the bottom of the unit. This drainage hole prevents the buildup of moisture and other debris from the environment. This can occur in all heating systems, but especially heating systems that use heat pumps for both cooling and heating. Check your unit for drainage hole blocks during the summer season, which is when your HVAC system will be used the most heavily.
Keep It Clean
Throughout the summer, make sure your vents, floor registers, and other HVAC components are clean to prevent problems. You should also check your air filter and make sure it’s in good shape.
When you need Tampa heating repair, trust the professionals at Sun Air. Our team is ready to assist you when problems arise with your HVAC system. Contact us for a free estimate at (813) 295-2214.
While the weather might be mild to slightly chilly now, warmer months will be here before we know it! If you know that your current AC unit’s time is almost up, doing research ahead of time is a great way to ensure you get the best deal and the best system for your home. If you’re considering an AC replacement in Tampa, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Budget: The biggest concern for most people considering an AC unit replacement is the cost. While the thought of paying for a new air conditioning system may seem daunting, it is actually more expensive to continue running an old unit because it will use more power and require more repairs. At Sun Air Services, we even offer rebates for new systems that could save you up $1,500!
- System type: The size of your house, your budget, and other factors will determine the type of unit you should purchase. One option that we encourage our customers to consider is a Lennox solar air conditioner. These can reduce heating and cooling bills by up to half, and may even make you eligible for further savings through tax credits.
A Sun Air Services specialist will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of all of our air conditioning unit options when you are considering an AC replacement in Tampa! Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.
As Floridians, we often don’t have to worry about finding indoor activities due to it being too cold outside. But on some rare occasions, it is just too chilly to go outside, and fun activities are good for passing the time and avoiding cabin fever! Check out these tips for keeping yourself and others occupied, and get in touch with Sun Air Services if you are in need of Tampa heating repair during the winter months.
- Hot cocoa designing: Break out the marshmallows, sprinkles, candy canes, and any other treats you have left from Christmas and use them to make mugs of hot cocoa that are tasty and fun to drink.
- Indoor camping: Whether you opt to build an old-fashioned pillow and blanket fort or are ambitious enough to erect a tent in your living room, indoor camping gives everyone a change of scenery while still staying inside. For kids camping indoors, provide snacks and coloring books, or crack open a bottle of wine and watch a fun movie if your participants are older.
- Finally finish that project: Have a half-finished cross stitch, embroidery, or other project that’s been sitting tossed aside for a while? Now is finally the time to get it done! You’ll reduce some clutter in your home, have a fun way to pass the time, and enjoy the satisfaction of a project well done.
While cold days that prevent us from going outdoors may be few and far between, they do happen from time to time. Fortunately there are ways to pass the time, and if you find your home isn’t getting warm enough while you’re hanging out indoors, contact Sun Air Services for Tampa heating repair. Visit SunAirTampa.com for information about our services.
When it comes to choosing an HVAC company to repairs, replacements, or maintenance of your heating and cooling system, there are many factors to take into consideration. With so many air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL, how do you ensure you are choosing the right one? Here are some things to consider:
- Company history: An HVAC company’s longevity is often a good sign of whether they are reliable. Sun Air Service was created in 1988 as a family-owned-and-operated business to service the Tampa Bay area, and our owner has more than 30 years of experience in air conditioning, energy management, and indoor air quality.
- Certifications: Ensure that the HVAC services you are receiving are based in experience and training. In addition to being state certified, Sun Air Services also holds Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant and Certified Microbial Investigator certifications.
- Testimonials: What’s better for determining a company’s quality than what others have said about them? Ask for references and check online sources like Facebook, Yelp, and Google for feedback about the air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL that you are considering hiring.
Before hiring someone for your HVAC repair, replacement, or maintenance services, be sure to do your research. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more about Sun Air Services.
We know that regularly performing duct cleaning in Tampa is essential to our HVAC system’s proper functioning and the quality of air in our home, but many of us don’t realize the reasons why. Read on to see why it is essential that you regularly clean your air ducts:
- Reduce allergens in your home: Regular rotobrush duct cleaning will reduce the levels of mites, mold, mildew, pollen, and animal dander circulating through your house. This will help alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms for those living in your home.
- Make your home more hygienic: Professional duct cleaning reduces the amount of dust that would otherwise circulate through your home. With less dust circulating, there is less to pick up and your house will be that much cleaner.
- Remove unpleasant smells and odors: Pets, household cleaning products, mold, tobacco, and food preparation can all lead to undesirable smells in the home. Whenever your HVAC unit is running, these smells will circulate through the house. By giving your ducts a detailed cleaning, you can reduce or even remove the odors that have built up.
- Improve air flow and reduce energy costs: Cleaner ducts will make it easier for air to flow from your furnace and air conditioner. Not only will this more effectively cool or heat your home, but your energy costs will go down as a result of your HVAC unit not having to work as hard.
There are plenty of reasons to conduct regular duct cleaning in Tampa. Sun Air Services provides reliable rotobrush duct cleaning to leave your home or office fresh, clean, and virtually contaminant free. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.
Do you feel like your quality of sleep could be better? You may be able to improve it with some HVAC solutions:
– Keep cool: The ideal bedroom temperature for sleep is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. During the colder months, adjusting your thermostat to this temperature can help you save money, but in the warmer months a zone-control air conditioning system that you use to adjust the temperature just in your bedroom might be ideal.
– Balance the humidity: When the humidity is too high in a room, it can make the air feel thick and muggy which could impact your ability to breathe. When the air in a room is too dry, you could experience a dry throat and nasal passages, which is also not ideal. A hygrometer will allow you to monitor your room’s humidity, and a standalone humidifier or dehumidifier can assist you in getting it just right.
– Create a breeze: A ceiling fan or standalone fan will not only help to cool you down, but the white noise that it creates can also help you get better sleep.
Keeping cool is a great way to get better sleep! If you find that your air conditioning unit is not quite doing the job, contact Sun Air Conditioning for air conditioning maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
When the temperatures drop, opening your windows to circulate fresh air throughout your home may not be an option. So how can you keep your indoor air quality from diminishing during the winter months? Here are a few tips:
1. Clean your registers and vents: Use a flexible duster or the wand attachment on your vacuum to clean HVAC registers and vents and to cut down on the amount of dust that is circulating in your home.
2. Clean ceiling fan blades: Dusty fan blades can move additional dust through your home. Make sure they are clean before running the fan clockwise to circulate warm air throughout the room.
3. Have your ducts cleaned: Schedule a professional air duct cleaning in Tampa to reach deep into your ductwork to clear out the accumulation of dust and allergens.
4. Replace your filters: This is one of the easiest proactive steps you can take to ensure good air quality in your home. Make sure you are regularly changing your HVAC unit’s air filters.
Avoid winter allergies by taking steps to improve your home’s air quality. Visit SunAirTampa.com for additional information and to contact us to schedule a professional air duct cleaning service.
We all know that it is important to change our HVAC unit’s air filter regularly, but may not realize all the reasons why. Here is what can happen if your air filter is not changed on a regular basis:
– The blower fan will have to work harder: A dirty air filter will force the blower fan to work harder to push air, which will not only lead to higher energy bills, but could cause it to wear out due to the strain.
– The difficulty in blowing air will lead to rooms not being effectively heated or cooled: An air filter that needs to be replaced will cause your HVAC unit to work less effectively, which will impact your home comfort.
– Mold or bacteria can develop: Additional material on the air filter provides a place for moisture to gather which can lead to the growth of mold or bacteria colonies. This creates yet another barrier against circulating air, and could introduce pollutants into your home.
– Your system will be at risk of overheating or freezing: When heated or cooled air can’t travel out of the system, the system runs the risk of overheating or freezing up. You’ll pay the same amount for operating the system, but the unit will not change your indoor temperature.
It is best to change your air filter every month or two. Visit SunAirTampa.com to contact Sun Air Services for air conditioning service in Tampa if your unit is still not operating at its best even after changing your filter.