While the weather might be mild to slightly chilly now, warmer months will be here before we know it! If you know that your current AC unit’s time is almost up, doing research ahead of time is a great way to ensure you get the best deal and the best system for your home. If you’re considering an AC replacement in Tampa, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Budget: The biggest concern for most people considering an AC unit replacement is the cost. While the thought of paying for a new air conditioning system may seem daunting, it is actually more expensive to continue running an old unit because it will use more power and require more repairs. At Sun Air Services, we even offer rebates for new systems that could save you up $1,500!
- System type: The size of your house, your budget, and other factors will determine the type of unit you should purchase. One option that we encourage our customers to consider is a Lennox solar air conditioner. These can reduce heating and cooling bills by up to half, and may even make you eligible for further savings through tax credits.
A Sun Air Services specialist will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of all of our air conditioning unit options when you are considering an AC replacement in Tampa! Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.
As Floridians, we often don’t have to worry about finding indoor activities due to it being too cold outside. But on some rare occasions, it is just too chilly to go outside, and fun activities are good for passing the time and avoiding cabin fever! Check out these tips for keeping yourself and others occupied, and get in touch with Sun Air Services if you are in need of Tampa heating repair during the winter months.
- Hot cocoa designing: Break out the marshmallows, sprinkles, candy canes, and any other treats you have left from Christmas and use them to make mugs of hot cocoa that are tasty and fun to drink.
- Indoor camping: Whether you opt to build an old-fashioned pillow and blanket fort or are ambitious enough to erect a tent in your living room, indoor camping gives everyone a change of scenery while still staying inside. For kids camping indoors, provide snacks and coloring books, or crack open a bottle of wine and watch a fun movie if your participants are older.
- Finally finish that project: Have a half-finished cross stitch, embroidery, or other project that’s been sitting tossed aside for a while? Now is finally the time to get it done! You’ll reduce some clutter in your home, have a fun way to pass the time, and enjoy the satisfaction of a project well done.
While cold days that prevent us from going outdoors may be few and far between, they do happen from time to time. Fortunately there are ways to pass the time, and if you find your home isn’t getting warm enough while you’re hanging out indoors, contact Sun Air Services for Tampa heating repair. Visit SunAirTampa.com for information about our services.
When it comes to choosing an HVAC company to repairs, replacements, or maintenance of your heating and cooling system, there are many factors to take into consideration. With so many air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL, how do you ensure you are choosing the right one? Here are some things to consider:
- Company history: An HVAC company’s longevity is often a good sign of whether they are reliable. Sun Air Service was created in 1988 as a family-owned-and-operated business to service the Tampa Bay area, and our owner has more than 30 years of experience in air conditioning, energy management, and indoor air quality.
- Certifications: Ensure that the HVAC services you are receiving are based in experience and training. In addition to being state certified, Sun Air Services also holds Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant and Certified Microbial Investigator certifications.
- Testimonials: What’s better for determining a company’s quality than what others have said about them? Ask for references and check online sources like Facebook, Yelp, and Google for feedback about the air conditioning companies in Tampa, FL that you are considering hiring.
Before hiring someone for your HVAC repair, replacement, or maintenance services, be sure to do your research. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more about Sun Air Services.
We know that regularly performing duct cleaning in Tampa is essential to our HVAC system’s proper functioning and the quality of air in our home, but many of us don’t realize the reasons why. Read on to see why it is essential that you regularly clean your air ducts:
- Reduce allergens in your home: Regular rotobrush duct cleaning will reduce the levels of mites, mold, mildew, pollen, and animal dander circulating through your house. This will help alleviate allergy and asthma symptoms for those living in your home.
- Make your home more hygienic: Professional duct cleaning reduces the amount of dust that would otherwise circulate through your home. With less dust circulating, there is less to pick up and your house will be that much cleaner.
- Remove unpleasant smells and odors: Pets, household cleaning products, mold, tobacco, and food preparation can all lead to undesirable smells in the home. Whenever your HVAC unit is running, these smells will circulate through the house. By giving your ducts a detailed cleaning, you can reduce or even remove the odors that have built up.
- Improve air flow and reduce energy costs: Cleaner ducts will make it easier for air to flow from your furnace and air conditioner. Not only will this more effectively cool or heat your home, but your energy costs will go down as a result of your HVAC unit not having to work as hard.
There are plenty of reasons to conduct regular duct cleaning in Tampa. Sun Air Services provides reliable rotobrush duct cleaning to leave your home or office fresh, clean, and virtually contaminant free. Visit SunAirTampa.com to learn more.